Monday, June 29, 2009

Cinderella Doll




In addition to making hats and other accessories, I also love to do soft sculpture. I'm not sure if I'll offer dolls in my store yet because it takes me a really long time to make one, so I would have to charge quite a bit to make it worthwhile. Also, once I've finished a doll, it feels more like a friend than a craft, and I have a hard time parting with them. So far, I've only given them to close friends on very special occasions.
Last year I worked as a costumer at my college with my friend Whitney. (She also has a blog "A glimpse at my world," an etsy store "GenerationGap," and a web show on youtube called "Whitney Sews" (I thought of the name:) ) The school performed Cinderella, which meant we had 94 costumes to make! And, due to the nature of the play, many of those were ballgowns!
Fortunately, we had some help. Several of the school administrators helped us design and create many of the costumes. I'm not sure what we would have done without Dallas and Dr. Hall! To thank Dallas, I made her a doll wearing the dress she designed for the queen. She loved it and proceeded to play with it during the breaks we had backstage. I thought you might enjoy seeing this creation, so here she is.

1 comment:

  1. oh wow, that looks great! mind posting up the pattern too

    ReplyDelete